Friday, February 10, 2012

Yes, I'll miss the Big East...and I won't miss the Big East


What I'll Miss...Big East Championship at the Garden.

What I Won't Miss...The terrible yearly ESPN theme song for the Big East Championship.

What I'll Miss...Trips to New England, so I am within driving distance to see WVU.

What I Won't Miss...Trips to New England, so I don't have to see them lose some terrible game to UConn.

What I'll Miss...Beating Rutgers in football, every year.

What I Won't Miss...Losing to Syracuse in basketball, every year.

What I'll Miss...Being the perennial BCS favorite.

What I won't Miss...Failing to reach expectations nearly every year.

What I'll Miss...Skip Holtz in white.

What I won't Miss...Rick Pitino in white.

What I'll Miss...The Backyard Brawl.

What I Won't Miss...Playing DePaul in anything.

What I'll Miss...The Husband/Wife Rivalry (WVU/Cuse)

What I Won't Miss...The Husband/Wife Rivalry.

In all seriousness, the Big East was good to West Virginia. There are a lot of great memories...really too many to choose from. But, it's time to take the next step. Big 12, here we come.


No comments:

Post a Comment