People love complaining about the conference structure in college football. Sure, there are some strange combinations, and long roadtrips, but it could be worse. And I'm here to show you how worse(or awesome) it could be.
Here is part two of many to come. Part one can be found here.
This is a pretty simple strategy; just line them up by name. No thought put into it at all...well, other than trying to decide what name to use (ie Mississippi vs Ole Miss). Let's just say the travel cost could get a little out of control.
1. This is an interesting collection. A few SEC and PAC-12 schools highlight the group, but watch-out for Air Force. The Academy could be the wildcard in this conference. Travel could be worse, though West Point to Arizona possibly twice-a-year would be fun.
Akron Alabama Arizona Arizona State Arkansas Arkansas State
2. It's a battle of East vs West in this conference. Nothng like a trip for California to Boston in December to spice things up. The closest trip for Clemson? Cincinnati. Ouch.
3. Well, someone was going to be stuck with Hawaii. I'm not sure the Warriors would be able to afford this conference. Numerous trips to the East Coast could prove quite costly. Florida, FSU, Georgia, and Tech actually make this conference quite competitive.
4. What a boring conference. It's like taking the most lame teams from their respective conferences and throwing them together. This is a basketball conference.
5. Now, this is a conference. Traditional programs, mixed with emerging schools. Many of these colleges have BCS experience, and lots of promise for the future. Obviously I'm talking about Memphis and Miami (OH).
6. This actually looks like a traditional Notre Dame schedule. Lots of "who cares" teams, a few solid programs, and Navy. Now, only if Purdue had snuck in.
New Mexico State
7. Another pretty tough group. Could be one of the deepest with 10 out of the 12 from BCS conferences. Good luck to Rice and Ohio...they will need it.
8. Talk about some travel. California to Florida to New York to everywhere in between. Actually, it's quite a nice group of traditional programs. Nice to see Texas and Stanford in together, considering the two schools are top-5 in overall NCAA championships in all sports.
San Diego State
San Jose State
9. Let the bragging rights begin between California and Texas. This is a also a very dirty conference, with the likes of USC, UCF, Toledo, and Texas TEch in the mix. Who am I kidding? They all cheat.
Troy Tulane Tulsa UAB UCF
USC Utah Utah State
10. Well, WVU and Virginia Tech would be rivals again. Other than that, not much to talk about. Lots of travel, and lots of subpar programs.
Vanderbilt Virginia Virginia Tech Wake Forest Washington Washington State West Virginia Western Kentucky Western Michigan Wisconsin Wyoming