2. Cincinnati (9-3, 5-2): Outstanding turnaround this season for the Bearcats. Probably BCS-bound if Zach Collaros stayed healthy. Next Step...Facing Vanderbilt in the Liberty Bowl.
3. Louisville (7-5, 5-2): From 2-4 to nearly reaching the Orange Bowl, 2011 was a wild one for the Cards. Next Step...a tri to Charlotte for the Belk Bowl against NC State.
4. Rutgers (8-4, 4-3): The Knights proved the critics wrong this year, fighting for the championship and reaching a bowl. Next Step...Yankee Stadium for the Pinstripe Bowl against Iowa State.
5. Pittsburgh (6-6, 4-3): Not a true season to remember for the Panthers, who sputttered all year. Next Step...Compass Bowl, again, facing SMU.
6. Connecticut (5-7, 3-4): The Huskies struggled to find consistency all year on offense. Having the one of the worst secondaries in the nation didn't help either. Next Step...Basketball season.
7. South Florida (5-7, 1-6): Started 4-0, finished 1-7. The Bulls just completely fell off the horse. Next Step...Beach season.
8. Syracuse (5-7, 1-6): Successfully lost five straight to end the season. What looked promising, turned to hell. Next Step...Basketball season