2. West Virginia (2-0): Ugly first half, but did end up blowing out Norfolk State. Too inconsistent to keep at number one. Next Step...big road game at Maryland.
3. Pittsburgh (2-0): Struggled way too much with Maine, and Tino Sunseri was benched. Not all is going swimmingly in Oakland even with the undefeated start. Next Step...huge road game at Iowa.
4. Syracuse (1-1): This is not a confident number four. The Orange have had too much trouble in the first two games. Next Step...Big road game at USC.
5. Connecticut (1-1): Tough loss at Vanderbilt. The defense is playing well, but the offense is a major work in progress. Next Step...Hosting Iowa State
6. Cincinnati (1-1): Tough loss at Tennessee, but the Vols are a better team than many think. Next Step...must win vs a weak Akron team.
7. Rutgers (1-1): Blew a lot of opportunities to beat UNC this week. Offense is still a major work in progress. Next Step...Bye Week
8. Louisville (1-1): A tough start to the season. The Cardinals were the first ever BCS conference victim for FIU. Next Step...rivalry game at Kentucky